Friday, February 27, 2015

Five on Friday


As always, I am so happy that its Friday! This week started off kind of rough for me, so I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend. Here are the random things that are making me happy this week: 


(one) Snow Day!




Due to the 7 inches of snow we got Wednesday evening in Chattanooga, I got to stay home and cuddle with chase and redirect Viv all day yesterday.



Joey was already scheduled to be off, so he was working on a project in our basement most of the day.


The playroom was a disaster area and I didn't even bother to take a shower, but I got caught up on laundry and it felt so good to hang out with my two favorite people all day. I will write a separate post with details on the project soon! :)

(two) Surprise Chick-fil-a Breakfast and Target Trip.

By mid-afternoon yesterday, most of the snow had melted off of the roads, so I assumed daycare would be operating normal hours today. Well, I assumed incorrectly.

Soon after I got to work, a coworker who has a child at the same daycare came into my office and asked if I knew that daycare was on a delayed opening. He said that he got all the way there for drop off and there was no one in the building. Oops! Since Joey drops Vivian off at daycare on his way to work, he had to drop her off with me in order to get to work on time.

I left work and took a couple hours off while we waited for daycare to open. We spent it eating breakfast (Viv) and sipping coffee (me) at Chick-fil-a, browsing Target aisles, and going to get my weekly allergy injections (I usually go right after work.)  It was a nice little change of pace to get a few unexpected extra hours with my favorite girl.

 
We picked up some of these straw cups for Viv at Target. She recently mastered using a straw (and just in time since I didn't have a sippy in my bag for our Chick-fil-a trip) and these are our favorite for milk. A pack of these bibs, some socks, hair clips, and of course some little goodies from the dollar spot were on my list added to my cart at random as well.



I also impulsively grabbed this dress, which is much more vibrant in person that it is on the website photo.


However, I did not attempt to try it on with the toddler in tow. I'm not so sure about the fit on me, so it may not be a keeper.
 


(three) All The Light We Cannot See

 

I started this book earlier in the week and I am loving it so far! The Amazon description states that it is "the beautiful, stunningly ambitious instant New York Times bestseller about a blind French girl and a German boy whose paths collide in occupied France as both try to survive the devastation of World War II."

The writing is beautiful and I can already tell it will be one of those intricate stories that will stick with me for a while.
 
(four) TGIT on ABC
 
 
Well, mainly just Grey's Anatomy and How to Get Away With Murder. I haven't been keeping up with Scandal much this season.
 
Most Fridays Joey gets home later in the evening, so once I get Viv to bed, I have a little ritual of pouring a glass of wine, making a few snacks, and watching Grey's from the DVR. (This ritual used to include watching DVRed Parenthood as well. Man, I will miss that show!) I managed to get Joey hooked on How to Get Away With Murder, so when he gets home, we watch it together with more snacks (ok, more wine, too.)
 
I was not at all into Grey's Anatomy when it first started, I binge watched every episode on Netflix a few years ago and I have been hooked ever since. Yes, even through the heart theft, ghost sex, intern fight club, post-it wedding, plane crash, and the terrible musical episode, I have stuck with it. I actually think this season is great though! I love the additions of Amelia and Maggie to the cast, the flashbacks of Ellis, and Meredith and Alex as BFFs.
 
I am so excited to see the TWO HOUR season finale of HTGAWM. WHO KILLED LILA?
 
(five) LOFT flash sales
 
When I got an e-mail Sunday night that LOFT was having a flash sale for 60% off of a few items that were already marked down, I was so excited to score out this dress for only $21.95! It looks so comfy that I feel like I may want to live in it for the rest of winter.
 


 
Naturally, I could not resist when they held another flash sale yesterday (sometimes I think I should block all emails about sales in order to maintain any semblance of a budget) and I picked out another dress for $27.95 and this sweater in peri splash for $16.00. They will both be so cute for spring!
 
 
In case you are inclined to take advantage of too many sales like I am, it looks they are all 40% off right now as well!
 
HAPPY FRIDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment