Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Vivian's Easter Basket

Easter baskets and Christmas stockings are my favorite gifts to put together! A bunch of small, fun, happy gifts in a cute holiday container? I love it! So admittedly, I kind of go overboard on this kind of stuff. My mom always did for us too. Family tradition, right?

Vivian's easter basket was not quite as fun last year because she was only 4 months old, so she didn't really "get" it. I know she won't completely understand this year either, but I think she will be excited to open it and love her little gifts.






 
 
These are adorable and perfect for Easter. The cute little carton holds 6 eggs that each open to reveal a different colored chick inside that squeaks when you press it. The bottom of each egg also has a different shape to fit into the bottom of the carton. I'm sure we will come up with several different sorting games to play with these!

 
 
This will be Vivian's first baby doll! She has been getting so excited to see babies lately. Anytime she sees a picture of a baby or sees one on TV or in person, she will immediately smile and say "Baby? Baaaaabbbbyyy!!!" It just melts my heart. She has also been very motherly, wiping the noses of all of her stuffed animals and patting them on the head. I think she will love her new baby.
 
 
 
We have several of the Karen Katz lift the flap books and they are always storytime favorites.
 
4. Plastic eggs
 
I will these with cheddar goldfish, cinnamon and honey goldfish grahams, mini nilla wafers, animal crackers, cheerios, and yogurt melts to stand in as her "treats."

5. Bubble machine (similar) 
 
I found this in the Target Dollar Spot and included it since Springtime means bubble time for kids.

 
 
This is a Home Goods find that we picked up a few months ago.
 
 
I always remember getting a new toothbrush in my Christmas stocking and my Easter basket, so I will be doing the same for Vivian.

8. Play-doh (these Play-doh eggs would be even cuter!)
 
She will probably eat it, but what kid hasn't eaten Play-doh?

9. Sticker sheet
 
The sheet pictured above came free in the mail with an offer to join Disney's video club, so I just stuck them in there as an afterthought. A sheet from this or this would be great in a toddler's basket, too.

10. Bath paints (similar)
 
 
They have these Sesame Street bath paints in the Dollar Spot at Target from time to time and I always grab a pack when they are there.

11. Bunny shaped bubbles
 
These are yet another Dollar Spot find. So cute!

12. Kinetic sand (similar)
 
I found this small pack in the Easter basket section of Target for a few bucks, but the larger packs are everywhere these days.

13. Bunny ears (similar)
 
These were found in the...say it with me now... the Dollar Spot. I sound like a broken record I know, but I just cannot resist that section.

 
 
The pictures in this book are just gorgeous!



 




Yes, all of this is excessive for a toddler's Easter basket, but I can't help myself sometimes. I can't wait to see her enjoy it all.

What is going in your little one's basket?

No comments:

Post a Comment